YAP Club's Mission - The Youth Animal Protectors Club teaches young people to be solutionary thinkers and change-makers by being a positive force for good in today's complex and confusing world.
YAP Club (Youth Animal Protectors) teaches children and teens empathy, compassion, problem solving and related social emotional skills through learning about animal protection issues. YAP Club empowers young people by raising awareness and developing a greater understanding of other's perspectives – both animal and human – as we explore how our choices impact our local and global communities. In the process we learn how to create solutions and take action on issues that are important to us and benefits both ourselves and others. Along with making a difference through education YAP Club holds fundraisers, volunteers, and engages in projects that promote the human-animal bond and helps people, animals and our environment in the process.
1) Empower and inspire young people to develop solutions to animal protection problems that make the world a more equitable and safer place for all animals, people and the environment in alignment with their deepest values and goals
2) Increase happiness and well-being for self and others and teach young people resilience and mental habits of happiness through helping animals
3) Participate in animal protection projects and campaigns that increase critical thinking and problem solving abilities, cooperation and teamwork, trust, forgiveness, peacemaking and reconciliation
4) Make a difference through education, fundraising, volunteering, and engaging with other groups and projects that protect all animals and benefit people and the environment locally and globally
5) Promote the human-animal bond through education, research and best practices
6) Use yapclub.org web site and social media as a tool to join and interact with other YAP Club groups, engage young people interested in technology to use it in a beneficial way, and make YAP Club a movement! Their future well-being and ours, for all people and animals, absolutely depends on it. YAP Club is on a mission to make that happen.
Changing Minds. Changing Laws. Changing Lives